A bit of a milestone here, I'm finally done with my rough in electrical for the car. I'm calling it a "rough in" since it's pretty much the same as what you'd do on a house. All of the major components are there, and I can't really do much more until some other stuff starts to come together like the aluminum, engine in, body on (lights), etc.

This weekend I was able to finish up pre-wiring for my linear actuators both front and back, pre-wiring for the trunk latch popper, and adding the LA switches. From there, I was able to get the dash all hooked up and clamped into place. The wires are a complete mess, but I'm not going to get into too much of a hurry cleaning it all up until the engine is back in, and I verify all of the related circuits.

The minor miracle of the day? Everything actually worked. ;-> My headlight reminder chime, my manual rear backup lights, foot activated hi beams, the linear actuator switches, foot box lights, door switches, and the extra complicated headlight and interior light setup, etc. Heck, even the indicator lights for the tangent running lamps, hi beams, and turn signals (with reminder buzzer) worked. Frankly, I was surprised.

So, the next step is even more exciting for me than this one...dropping the engine back in, and actually hooking up the driveshaft, etc. I'm currently on the cusp of having it actually move under it's own power (still lots to do before that.)

I shot a video for wiring the linear actuators, and once I get it edited, I'll post it here. Probably not that important for these builds since very few people would do them, but hopefully useful for someone.

Pics:







0 comments:

Post a Comment